Next Release?

May 11, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Hello xyzzer,

Do you plan to release new versions with fixes from Issue Tracker? I'm stuck with Panorama/Visibility issue, so I'm not sure whether I should switch from nuget package to source code and fix it by myself or just wait for the next release.

Thanks,
Alexander

Coordinator
May 11, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Hi,

I'm currently pretty swamped with some Windows 8 work, but I do plan on coming back and updating the app bar. Can't give a date though. Would you like to contribute to the project?

The existing issues all have some workarounds. You can react to the selected Panorama/Pivot item in the view model and update the bound lists of buttons/menu items and the app bar will display whatever you have in these.

Make sure to vote on the issue - I will surely focus on it more if I see many votes.

Meanwhile - have you tried Windows 8 yet?

I have been focusing on this: bit.ly/WinRTXamlToolkit

May 11, 2012 at 9:53 PM
xyzzer wrote:

You can react to the selected Panorama/Pivot item in the view model and update the bound lists of buttons/menu items and the app bar will display whatever you have in these.

But I have to define all buttons/menu items in code behind in that case (to be able to Add/Remove them from the bound list). I can put each button into a Resource dictionary in XAML and access every item by key, but this approach is more complicated than putting different application bars for each PivotItem into Resources.

Or maybe I missed something?

Coordinator
May 11, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I agree. I only said it was a workaround. :)

Maybe that AdvancedApplicationBar would work better for you then?

May 11, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Thanks, I had tried it... It didn't respect CanExecute method when you bind to a command and crashed after tombstoning :)

Coordinator
May 11, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Sounds like the responsibility is on me! :)